qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows NT 4 Server cannot install in QEMU 0.6.0

From: Sebastien Bechet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows NT 4 Server cannot install in QEMU 0.6.0
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:27:43 +0100

Le jeu 04/11/2004 à 09:46, Mike Swanson a écrit :
> Actually.. I found a work a round to that problem. Apparently, it only
> happens when you select the partition to be formatted as NTFS during
> setup. The problem does not arise when selecting FAT.

Interesting,

There is many people with this problem since Ben NT patch fix :
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/qemu/qemu/hw/ide.c.diff?r1=1.26&r2=1.27

I tried (and others) successfully for w2k removing CVS line 1875 in
ide.c. Maybe you can try it with windows NT/NTFS and give us the result
here ?

Bye.