qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Using Qemu to install Linux in a Windows XP

From: Garth Dahlstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Using Qemu to install Linux in a Windows XP
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:13:55 -0500

> Brett Bonfield wrote:
> With QemuInstall-20041111 I get:
>
> qemu:  could not load PC bios './bios.bin'

If the windows QEMU doesn't run that is undoubtly my bad, as I'm wrote
the menu for it...

It seems after some investigation that there were a number of bugs...

I just made a new version (v20041113) of QEMUMenu available at my site
http://stacktrace.org/

Fixed:
    * -L parameter had a trailing slash, which caused QEMU to fail silently
    * -L parameter was not quoted meaning default location in \Program
files\  would not be passed as a single parameter, so QEMU would fail
    * Preferences were not being retrieved correctly because working
directory was being changed .bat file location after preferences were
retrieved but before they were saved

Enhancements:
    * Added search for *.dat as additional image files so QEMUMenu
picks up Zitu's make-a-file program images

Drop it into C:\Program Files\Qemu (or where ever you installed to)

Let me know if that fixes everything up...

Cheers,

-Garth

--
Northern.CA ===--