qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Using Qemu to install Linux in a Windows XP

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Using Qemu to install Linux in a Windows XP
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:54:45 +0100

> [...]
But now that I''ve made this decision, I still don't know the best way
to proceed. It seems I could use dd for Win32, but those who know Qemu
best seem to think this is a bad idea. I could use mkqemuimage.exe or
qemu-img.exe or Make-a-file.exe, some of them through QemuMenu.bat,
but I don't know which one makes the most sense for my needs and I
can't find documentation on any of them. Plus, I still don't know how
to make sure that when I install Linux I can be sure it's not damaging
my host OS (I realize this is addressed in the FreeOSZoo FAQ, but the
answer doesn't seem to be about disk images that allow program like
apt-get to install software on a virtual image).

If I can get all this straightened out in my head I'd be happy to help
with documentation... I just need to be able to test first.

Sorry. I am updating the documentation.

Fabrice.