qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows Update on guest

From: Joshua Root
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows Update on guest
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:21:54 +1100

William Greenland <address@hidden> wrote:

Has anyone had any success running "Windows Update" via IE on (any)
MS guest?  I'm using a (Gentoo) Linux host, and I've tried all the
networking configurations I can think of.

Is this even the kind of thing that *should* be working at the moment?

If anyone has this working with a similar setup, I'd be VERY glad to
hear details of how they set up networking.

Will.

I have run Windows Update on a 98 SE guest. It Just Worked(tm) with user-net; the guest OS was configured to use DHCP. Mac OS X host.

Cheers,
Josh