qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support

From: zitu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:32:43 +0100

Quoting Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I proudly present the alpha version of my vvfat block driver:
>
> http://libvncserver.sf.net/qemu/qemu-vvfat.patch.gz

It does not compile out of the box on windows host. I had to add
a locatime_r.c to make it compile successfully.

#include <errno.h>
#include <time.h>

struct tm *
localtime_r(const time_t *t, struct tm *ptm)
{
    struct tm *ptms = localtime(t); /* pointer to static structure */

    if (ptms)
    {
        *ptm = *ptms;
        return ptm;
    }
    else
    {
        return 0;
    }
}

> So what is it? By calling QEmu with "-hda vvfat:some/directory", you can
> access the files in that directory via an emulated (virtual) VFAT device.
> (Yes, from the guest OS you can read the files and subdirectories of one
> of the host OS' directories, and yes, this should eventually solve the SMB
> on DOS problem).

I tried to install freedos on a disk image, and extract the img to the
local vfat directory. I intended to check read-only capabilities.

Qemu doesn't start at all:
vvqemu.exe -m 160 -L pc-bios -hda vvfat:vfat -cdrom fdbootcd.iso -boot d

vfat contains:
AUTOEXEC.BAT  COMMAND.COM  CONFIG.SYS  FDOS/  FREEDOS.BSS  KERNEL.SYS

Zitu