qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] unhandled exception...

From: Doug Stanley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] unhandled exception...
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:10:55 -0500

Hi, I've been having some trouble running one particular
application under qemu, and it's basically the sole reason
I have for trying to use qemu (well at work atleast).

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the application
called FileMaker (and honestly I hope none of you ever have
to become familiar with it...or even look upon it...).

Anyways, so far, I've had weird errors trying to run FileMaker
under qemu with win2k, winnt4, and linux as the guest os's (using
wine under linux of course).

Basically, when running it under winnt4 and win2k, it crashes
upon startup with no error message. When running it through
wine under linux, I get a wine error message about an unhandled
exception or something.

This app starts up fine on real hardware...so I'm guessing it's
something that qemu is doing (or not doing).

Anyone have any clues as to what may cause it to get an un handled
exceptoion? I have had luck running qemu in a win95 guest, but
FileMaker doesn't support the one and only feature I need it to
on win95 (only win98 and up...go figure).

I haven't been able to test win98 or winxp since we don't have
any spare liscences for those laying around here and so it didn't
make sense to waste my time testing those os's to see if they work.

So, if anyone hase any clues as to something I can try, please let
me know.

By the way, I'm running all of these on a gentoo linux host using
the gentoo 2.6.9-gentoo-r13 kernel and the qemu 0.6.2 from the
gentoo portage tree...

Thanks,
Doug