qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:11:34 +0100

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 20:45, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> These fixes greatly improve qemu booting on PPC - many Linux
> distributions with kernel 2.4 now work.  It's two big patches (one for
> qemu, one for OpenHackWare) - let me know if someone prefers them broken
> out into smaller pieces.
>
> There's still some work to be done to get PREP in good shape as well as
> a Linux 2.6 kernel to work well - expect some more patches in the near
> future.

Hi.
Thanks for the work. I need to take a close look of your patches because
I completely restructured OHW. For example, HFS code is quite different
in my working repository (but still have problems on some fs)...

I have a few remarks about the patches:
* in Qemu:
pci_enabled option should not be used for PPC emulation: we don't
emulate MCA, so PCI is mandatory for PREP and the Mac target is Mac99
which also always have PCI.
The rest of the patch seems OK, imho.

I can't compare OHW for now, as it seems that most of the patch is
cosmetic (blanks, tabs) and as most files have changed. Could you please
regenerate the patch using:
--ignore-all-space --ignore-blank-lines --ignore-space-change --minimal
-p
options to make it easier to read ?

I'll send you my current working version of OHW by mail so you can
compare and see where your patches can still apply easily (while I'll
try too...).

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized