qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module

From: James Mastros
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:11:48 +0100

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
KQEMU usage is optional: you can disable it at compilation or run time, so no one is forced to use it.
Would it be feasible to isolate the code that is GPL'd vs non-GPL'd, and clearly mark what files are non-GPL'd, preferably by putting them in a different CVS module, or sepperate subdirectory of the present CVS module, and a sepperate tarball in the next released version?

Doing that would make life /vastly/ easier for distributions, OS mirrors, and other such people, as well as people, like me, who want not to be tainted.

I notice that there already is a kqemu directory extant -- does it include all the non-GPL code?

        -=- James Mastros