qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo will stop March 1, 2005

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo will stop March 1, 2005
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:18:32 +0400

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
Dear friends,

Following Fabrice decision to transform QEMU into a proprietary closed solution without any kind of future, I don't find any reason to loose my company time and money fostering FreeOSZoo.

Woah.. what a severe knee jerk reaction based on nothing. Perhaps before throwing your toys out of the pram, taking your bat and ball and heading home you might actually wait for a reply from Fabrice clarifying his intentions?

Everyone seems so quick to scream and shout about a single little binary object and license for one tiny part of the project. Perhaps there is a good reason behind what Fabrice is doing. I'm just astonished at the reaction to this. Whinge, bitch, moan.. I'm sure he is a busy lad and will formulate a reply as time permits. Until you get a clear statement on the issue (Fabrice is a clever lad, I'm damn sure he knows *exactly* what he is doing) why not just stop pontificating, hurling abuse and accusations and get on with your lives!

Brad