qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] tests fail - sigsegv?

From: Kevin F. Quinn
Subject: [Qemu-devel] tests fail - sigsegv?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:49:24 +0100

Hi.  I thought to run the tests supplied with qemu, however tripped up on the
exception checks.

test-i386.c uses setjmp(), which on my system (and according to the man patch
any SYSV system) sets stuff for the next exception only.  Changing all of these
except the very last one to sigsetjmp gets things to work.  I did this the lazy
way and added

#define setjmp(X) sigsetjmp(X,1)

before the declaration of 'void test_exceptions(void), and

#undef setjmp

before the 'printf("single step exception:\n");' statement (i.e. before the
last setjmp call).  I don't know whether sigsetjmp is available on all
platforms - perhaps configure et. el. can sort that out.

There is one difference I get in the results; on the host, the self-modifying
code test geenrates SEGV ACCERR ("Invalid permissions for mapped object"), on
qemu it generates SEGV MAPERR ("Address not mapped to object").  This may not
be significant, but then perhaps it is...

Kev.