qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] More PPC emulation fixes

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] More PPC emulation fixes
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:51:07 +0100

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:43, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 20:26 +0200, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> > May I ask you guys, who've done work on Qemu/PPC side, how far is it
> > from being "Linux on Mac"?
>
> I haven't tested anything except linux-powerpc on linux-x86 - which
> works quite well except for a few features of a 2.6 guest kernel (I'm
> working on fixing these).  I once tried to boot Mac OS X on linux-x86,
> but it died with an Altivec problem (at least that's what Jocelyn said).

Altivec problem seems to appear with Mac OS X 10.3. Version 10.2 fails
to mount it's root partition, I really need to understand why. I didn't
check any other version, but I noticed that OpenDarwin sometimes acts
like Mac OS X 10.2 and sometimes crashes, depending on the version.
Those problem as, I suppose, related to buggy OF properties.
--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized