qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Current state of RFB patch

From: zitu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Current state of RFB patch
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:15:39 +0100

Thanks Johannes

> PS: it could be interesting then to have qemu+vnc running on colinux, and
> get a bit more performance than the std qemu on windows hosts.

sorry for the confusion. What I meant was to get qemu+vnc+kqemu running on
a colinux process, on a Windows host. As you know, kqemu is not yet
available on windows host. That's what I meant as a speed improvement.
I'm hoping that the mouse issues might be linked to a speed bottleneck
between the slowness of qemu without kqemu and the VNC protocol.

Regarding your latest patch, it does not work straight out of the box
on windows hosts. Even with mouse acceleration removed, the calibration is
not there: there's a huge difference between the true location of the mouse
and the one inside vnc... I can still see lots of latency between the slow
move I do and the moment the mouse reacts inside qemu. :(

The mouse calibration which I could call before is not working CTRL-ALT-M :(

To compile successfully, I had to modify for mingw32 the file
"keysym_adapter_vnc.h". rfb9 also needed this. I attached the
file to this email. Maybe this is what is causing some of my keyboards
problem, especially when I switch to the qemu console mode (CTRL-ALT-2).
I've difficulties to come back to the std qemu window inside VNC.

Overall, the mouse looks more responsive than last time. It's still positive!
I'll do some more checks. But no time yet for a colinux check.

Thanks again.
Zitu