qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu over ssh tunnelled X

From: U n d e r a c h i e v e r
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu over ssh tunnelled X
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:21:56 +0000

Hi

I've used qemu to install CentOS x86 (a Red Hat Enterprise Linux clone) on a power pc guest running Mac OS X. It was sucessful, but a bit slow on when running on my laptop. I've a real x86 Linux box too, so I copied the harddrive image over and tried to launch qemu there over a tunnelled X11 connection. It kind of works OK, but there are loads of issues with the screen not grabbing the mouse and keyboard and, if they do, not letting go. It seems ctrl + alt doesn't get sent back from a Mac OS X X11 to the client, or the client doesn't understand it, or qemu doesn't. Anyone here got this combination to work? Or indeed got a remote X11 session to control qemu on any client/server set up at all?

--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r (and proud)
address@hidden