qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Copying console or serial console output

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Copying console or serial console output
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:26:28 -0400

I'm trying to track down some kernel panics in Solaris Express
that result in a core dump that I can't copy because it
scrolls off the screen.  If I try and do the same thing
with the serial console, I get the same problem. The
output is off the screen and there is no scroll mechanism
to get to it.

Is there a way to dump/tee/copy the output of the serial
console to a file.  I need to interact with it so I can
configure the system.

Also, what kind of "terminal type" is the serial console.
I got a bunch of unpretty graphics characters that
Solaris just uses to put a "spinner" on the screen.

Another note: Under Linux Java Desktop System (Kernel 2.6.5)
I'm seeing a problem with and without kqemu where the
characters on the console are repeated such that I really
can't do any work.  I'd really like to figure out why
this is happening, as it's pretty annoying.

THanks,

Ben