qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu -nographic broken on OS X 10.4 Tiger?

From: Nick
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu -nographic broken on OS X 10.4 Tiger?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:44:02 -0700

Hey, everyone. I'm quite new to the list, so please tell me to shove off if this is the wrong area, but it seems to be the way to go.

It appears that the -nographic option is broken in OS X 10.4. I've attempted the binary version as well as compiling from 0.6.1 and from the CVS tree. It doesn't appear to be the image libraries screwing it up, since compiling using the Cocoa driver and the SDL driver makes no different. Starting up with the graphics on works as expected.

When running:

/usr/local/bin/qemu -hda (imagename) -m 256 -nographic

I get the (qemu) prompt in the terminal, and the qemu term icon shows up in the Dock and immediately beachballs. Nothing is displayed in the terminal. qemu takes 60-80% of my CPU, but doesn't appear to actually load the image. When supplying log options, nothing is written to /tmp. Starting up with the CPU off will start it without a hang, but nothing can happen from there - no input is accepted.

I'd be more than happy to try things, or at least get some guidance as to where to look for traces, but I have zero experience with this codebase and have no idea where to start. :(

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. :)

--
 - Nick
   outzider at fsckedhost.com