qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Some problems with QEmu on Windows

From: Per-Erik Kristensson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Some problems with QEmu on Windows
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 14:27:57 +0200

I got some help here a couple a days ago (thread "qemu.exe, qemumenu.bat and
qemu-forum doesn't work"), and I promised to make some more testing and
report the bugs I found. This is my report.

The first and major problem when running qemu on windows is that you get no
output at all. No error messages or helps at all. Everything just dies
silently. Jernej Simonèiè's program help me patch qemu, so it work as it
should do (older version didn't have this problem). I really hopes someone
could fix this.

A second problem is that GetNetworkParams is not supported in NT4. I think
this is acceptable, but sense qemu didn't explain to me why nothing worked
(cause of problem 1 :-) I got quite confused. Older versions of qemu hadn't
that problem (0.5 I think). Using -nics 0 helped me.

I have tested qemu 0.7 on Windows XP and Windows 98, and qemu 0.61 on
Windows NT.

Except from this I'm very thankful for qemu. It helps me testing my own
programs on different Window version without tweaking my own computer.

PEK