qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Found a tun/tap patch for osx

From: Jason Brittain
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Found a tun/tap patch for osx
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:28:26 -0700

Today I can finally confirm that the patch does work okay on OSX 10.3.9
(Panther?) with qemu source from CVS HEAD..  Or, at least, when I follow all
of the directions on the page, I can boot qemu with RH9 Linux guest, and:

- sshing from the host into the guest works.
- pinging the guest's gateway from the guest works.
- pinging the host's real IP address from the guest works.
- pinging anything outside of the host didn't work, but I haven't spent much
  time yet trying to figure out why.
- DNS inside the guest didn't seem to work either.. but that's likely related
  to the previous item.

I believe the remaining problems are routing problems that are caused by some
failures in the ifup.sh script that comes with the OSX tun/tap driver.  And,
since the machine I tried this on isn't mine, I don't really have the
opportunity
to try all kinds of other stuff, nor dig into what's wrong with the ifup.sh
script, but the co-worker of mine whose laptop it is said he'll see what he
can figure out.

So, I think at least the qemu patch works as written.  Can we commit that?

Cheers.

--
Jason Brittain

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Any confirmations from OS X users that this patch works OK with CVS
version of QEMU?

Thanks,
Hetz