qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NetBSD 2.0 and OpenBSD 3.7 on i386 tested [ok]

From: benoit Bourdin (bennyben)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NetBSD 2.0 and OpenBSD 3.7 on i386 tested [ok]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:06:19 +0200

Hello,

I've sucessfully tested NetBSD 2.0 and OpenBSD 3.7 as target OS (i386).

The only little problems I got :
- OpenBSD:
 Problem:
  After installing, on first boot (a kernel message), I got a lot of :
  apm0: APM set CPU idle: unknow error code? (83)
 Temporary solution:
  boot with boot -c, type 'disable apm' and exit
  Or you can recompile your kernel without apm support.

- NetBSD:
 Problem:
  Difficulties to find an ftp server (to install OS & software).
  EPSV command (Extended Passive mode) could not work with the qemu firewall ?
  PASV command works. Perhaps not a qemu problem.
 Temporary solution:
  Use ftp.uk.netbsd.org server which doesn't support EPSV.

Another details:
Host OS: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
Host arch: i386
Version: qemu 0.6.2

Another thing, I couldn't test NetBSD 2.0.2 because there are no packages for
i386 on the mirrors (only sources are availabe).

You can update the 'supported OS' page :)

Thanks for your great job,
Benoit Bourdin aka bennyben

PS: if you want to answer, please cc me, I didn't subscribe to the mailing list.