qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] native slirp/tftp: a temporary solution

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: [Qemu-devel] native slirp/tftp: a temporary solution
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:39:00 +0200

ok,

after some thinking, I came out to the conclusion that
slirp/tftp inside qemu/linux_guest with the xp host
is usable enough, even with the restriction of only
1 exchange per session.

Indeed, turning off eth0 with a "/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 stop",
and a "/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 start" allows to redo a new
transfer. Then again the eth0 jams internally...
until someone finds a fix...

At long last I can compile inside qemu with qcow ext2,
without having to use winimage and a dos raw image to
exchange the resulting kernel.

If people are interested in knowing about the whole
process, I'll post patches and howto.

What I did with a xp host should definitely work with
a linux host ;)

--
Christian