qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] scrollable window

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] scrollable window
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:16:12 -0400

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 08:27:14AM -0700, user user wrote:
> Why not make a Win32 GUI version?

Keep in mind that I'm primarily a Linux/GNU/Xlib coder.

>From what Fabrice Bellard has told me, a native Win32 GUI is the eventual plan,
and he considers GTK version for Linux/X11 only.

He also said that a dumb minimally usable GUI was ok as a starting point, as
once the basic parts were implemented, it would be very easy to add the real
functionality to the GUI later on. I'm working on a really simpleton version
right now. (The scrollable window is in fact the first version that I've
released which even uses any real GTK widgets besides the window itself.
This is one major advantage that GTK has over Xlib - writting a scrollable
window using Xlib would have been considerably more difficult.)

If you are asking why I don't release a Win32 version with the scrollable
window,
it's mainly because I don't know what the Win32 equivalent of GtkScrollWindow
is.