qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Network Performance between Win Host and Linux Guest

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Network Performance between Win Host and Linux Guest
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:10:31 -0000

Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 26 aug 2005, at 15:57, address@hidden wrote:

QEMU is working better from hour to hour :-)
Now I am looking for a way to get my data from the linux client to the Win2K host. When I use the integrated smb I get a transfer rate from about 15 KB :-( the tftp is about 600 KBps and using WinSCP over the "redired" ssh connection lead to 60 KBps. Is there a way to transfer the data faster ?
Or is there an explorer for the disk image available ?

At least under Mac OS X, you can simply mount the images created with qemu-img, if they contain a file system that Mac OS X knows. I guess under Linux you can also simply mount them. I can't imagine there aren't programs available for Windows which allow you to mount raw disk images containing a supported file system.

I can recommend VDK (http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vdk.html). It can open VMDK and RAW images (both supported by QEMU)...

- Filip