qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Gdisk.exe failure - abort, retry, fail

From: penna
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Gdisk.exe failure - abort, retry, fail
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:04:46 -0300

Hi,

        We are using gdisk.exe in order to format the HD in our WINXP ISO
image of installation.
        The problem with GDISK.EXE is the _second_ execution of it. For
example:

A:\> gdisk /?
 (... it shows the help)

A:\> gdisk /?

        It shows the message:

Error reading drive A  (<- the original message is in portuguese: "Falha
geral lendo unidade A" so I translated to english)
Abort, Retry, Fail?   (<- this one is everybody known)

        If I choose abort or fail it ends at message:
Unit is not valid anymore>   (something like that - in portuguese: "A
unidade atual nao e mais valida>")

        It happens *all* the time. It doesn't matter what parameters I
pass to the gdisk.exe.
        Someone could suggest "use fdisk instead!". Ok! I could use it.
But I think we have some kind of buffer overflow here and I'd like to
help, if possible. If so, what sort of parameters should I pass to -d flag
(I was looking at the URL http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html)??
        Sugestions? Clues?

Thanks.
Ulisses de Sousa Penna
Analista Consultor - Banco do Brasil
Fone: +55-61-3310-6320   Fax: +55-61-3310-6435