qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu

From: Oliver Gerlich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:21:29 +0200

octane indice wrote:
[...]

Still doesn't work for me :/ I think that the problems comes
from the tomsrtbt.

if tomsrtbt is the only guest : no IP given
if tomsrtbt is launch with -macaddr xx : no IP given
if tomsrtbt is launch after another guest : no IP given

if I launch a real tomsrtbt, on a real host with a real DHCP
server on the network, tomsrtbt got an IP

What dhcp client does tomsrtbt use?

If it uses dhclient (the ISC dhcp client), you should see some lines about DHCP in the syslog. With other clients (eg. pump) you can try to start the client manually (perhaps with some -v option to turn on verbose output) and see if it tells you something interesting.

Usually the clients indicate whether they found a dhcp server at all, and whether it supplied an ip address.

Good luck,
Oliver Gerlich