qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win95 Image does not boot, how can I debug where I am getti

From: Leah Cunningham
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win95 Image does not boot, how can I debug where I am getting stuck
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:30:29 -0400

This probably isn't exactly the right question for a development mailing
list, but the user-forumns did not seem to exist, so I hope you will
forgive me or tell me where to ask a question like this.

I have an image of a Window's 95 hard disk, dd'd directly off the disk
itself.  I can mount the image loopback:

 /tmp/win95 on /mnt type vfat (rw,loop=/dev/loop5)

I do not seem to be able to boot the image with qemu, trying with
various versions, but I have no idea how to proceed with finding out
what is wrong.  How can I debug what is happening?  Would there be a
boot loader error?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.  When I try to boot the image
we hang right after the BIOS says "Booting from hard disk".

Cheers,
Leah
--
Leah Cunningham : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada