qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Setting up tun/tap network doesn't work

From: Alexander Skwar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Setting up tun/tap network doesn't work
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:24:30 +0200

Hi!

Jim C. Brown schrieb:

> Make sure the guest supports the ne2k-pci driver (either compiled in or loaded
> as a module). from the output you provided, it appears that your guest kernel
> lacks the right ethernet driver. Check the output of dmesg to see if ne2k
> is mentioned.

I used the linux-test guest, that's provided on the qemu
website and mentioned in the qemu documentation. I'd expect
that this has a ne2k-pci driver. If not, maybe the "maintainer"
of that package should be contacted? Who is maintaining that?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.