qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QNX 6.3 and a PCI network card

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QNX 6.3 and a PCI network card
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:17:20 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Shaun Jackman <address@hidden> writes:
: I've discovered that QNX 6.3 [1] does not detect the simulated PCI
: NE2000 network card. I found a post [2] on the OpenQNX forum
: corroborating the same.
:
: The poster suggests that the issues is with the simulated PCI system,
: as the the network card works when simulating an ISA system with qemu
: -isa.
:
: Any suggestions?
:
: A 30-day evaluation of QNX can be downloaded for free [3] after registering.
:
: Shaun
:
: [1] http://www.qnx.com
: [2] http://www.openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t2497-.html
: [3] http://www.qnx.com/download/index.html

I've run into issues with qemu's emulation of the RTL8129 that is
claimed with changes I made to the FreeBSD ed driver.  While I've
fixed the ed driver to be more tolerent of the old emulation, I've
fixed these issues in qemu with some patches that were posted here a
while ago.  Basically, it adds support for the id registers as well as
the status registers that a RTL8129 driver might expect to be there
(my patches always reports 10/baseT full duplex).

These patches are in the FreeBSD ports collection right now.  I can
dig them up if there's a need.  I hope they get applied to qemu soon.

Warner