qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP support

From: Joe Batt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP support
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:32:17 -0500

This

        qemu -smp 2 -cdrom
KNOPPIX_V3.8-2005-02-28-CeBIT_Edition-qemu-0.6.1-2.iso

fails, but work fine without the -smp flag.  The KNOPPIX has fairly
random seg faults.  I had similar results with 4 virutal cpus.

The host is a dual Xeon with hyperthreading turned on (so 4 total
"CPUs") running Debian testing, and a custom 2.6.13 kernel.  The
compiler is gcc 3.3.5.

You didn't offer up any description.  Will this take advantage of host
SMP?  How?  (Each of us could read the code, or you could save the
collective a bunch of time...)

Joe