qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu, Solaris Express (b24) install problem

From: U n d e r a c h i e v e r
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu, Solaris Express (b24) install problem
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:25:11 +0000

Hi

I'm trying to install the latest Solaris Express (b24) into qemu as a guest
OS; my host is linux. Kicking off with the following:-

$ qemu -m 512 \
-hda /home/glaw/DiskImages/SolarisExpress-b24-x86.qcow \
-cdrom /home/glaw/DiskImages/sol-nv-b24-x86-v1.iso \
-boot d

The installation program starts, asks me about a few things like timezone,
then after I select to manually eject CD and manually reboot it throw up a
series of errors re. reading the cdrom and finally bails with:-

There were problems loading the media from /cdrom.
Solaris installation program exited.
#

I tried to switch to auto eject CD and auto reboot: same issue.

I realise this is a brand new OS (it's the beta of Solaris 11 AFAIK) but has
anyone got any idea how to get around this?

Ta

--
address@hidden
U n d e r a c h i e v e r