qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qvm86

From: space-wizard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qvm86
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:24:23 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I tried to install qvm86 under SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 running on a
Dual Pentium III with Kernel 2.6.5-7.139-smp.

After compiling the module:

modprobe qvm86
chmod 666 /dev/qvm86

In /var/log/messages I get the following output:

kernel: qvm86: unsupported module, tainting kernel.
kernel: qvm86: Module loaded
kernel: qvm86: Created device 10.62

When I start qemu, it runs without qvm86 acceleration.

I have no idea, why it isn't running with qvm86 on this machine. (Doing the
same procedure on a debian system, everything is running perfect!)

Thanks for your help!

Chris