qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:45:41 -0200

On 1/12/06, Adrian Coman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is that when I ping yahoo.com for example I get the IP of yahoo
> but no response from ping ..., something like:
> ping yahoo.com
> Pinging yahoo.com [216.109.112.135] with 32 bytes of data:
> request time out
> I attached a screenshot with the output of ipconfig /all from w98.
> Where did I do wrong?

Nothing; and actually this has been answered in a handful of FAQs
before: ICMP doesn't fully work over SLIRP. Sending ICMP packets work,
but not receiving. This is because of how SLIRP works.

If you need this functionality, please consider using tun/tap on the
host or OpenVPN from inside the guest.

--
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making