qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu on Intel Macs

From: Jeshua Lacock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu on Intel Macs
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:02:46 -0700

Greetings,

I am trying to build Qemu on a Intel Mac and after a little bit of work I got it building. It is having trouble with the "mach-o/ppc/reloc.h" file. Someone from Apple says:

        "Mac OS X's ABI for Intel uses 'generic' relocation entry types, which
          are defined in <mach-o/reloc.h>.  You can see this by running
'otool -arch i386 -rv /path/to/binary', where the binary is universal or
        Intel-only."

The generic entry types are:

        enum reloc_type_generic
        {
            GENERIC_RELOC_VANILLA,      /* generic relocation as discribed
above */
            GENERIC_RELOC_PAIR,         /* Only follows a GENRIC_RELOC_SECTDIFF
*/
            GENERIC_RELOC_SECTDIFF,
            GENERIC_RELOC_PB_LA_PTR,    /* prebound lazy pointer */
            GENERIC_RELOC_LOCAL_SECTDIFF
        };

I don't see anything similar to "PPC_RELOC_BR24" . I realize that those are specific to the PPC and "GENERIC_RELOC_VANILLA" will have to be used, although I have no idea how to implement them. The scheme should be pretty similar to the PPC Mach-O port.

The other (most likely related) error is:

        struct relocation_info' has no member named 'r_offset'

This is above my understaning, I would be very grateful to pay you for your help. If you are interested I can create an account for you to log into. Any help is appreciated. I would be happy to provide the changes to the Qemu project.

Anyone out there feel qualified to help me get this going? Its a bit beyond my ability at this time and I would be happy to compensate for time.

Thanks,

Programmer/Owner                Phone:  877.240.1364
http://OpenOSX.com              Fax:            415.462.6211