qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:40:14 -0500

Leonardo E. Reiter wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I noticed that the Windows driver does not work... it does send a bunch of commands to the tablet, mostly resets, but then claims that it can't discover it. I downloaded the latest driver from wacom.com.

Yes, this is what I said. The Windows driver uses a bunch more commands than the Linux driver that I have not implemented (which is why I haven't submitted to this list yet).

I did not try this with a Linux guest yet.... maybe that should be my next thing, and see what it will take to make it work without the SDL grab altogether (and sync up). If that can work reliably, then adding the bits to the protocol that Windows expects would be worth the work.

I'm thinking that this device would be a good complementary option to an absolute USB HID device. Having both in the long run won't hurt, especially if certain OS's prefer serial over USB absolute pointers, and vice versa.

Xorg CVS has initial support for absolute USB devices so I think this is the best route for the future.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

- Leo Reiter

Anthony Liguori wrote:
The driver isn't built into Windows. It's pretty easy to install though and the way my patch works, the PS/2 mouse is used until it detects the tablet has been enabled.

The Windows driver uses quite a bit more of the features of the tablet than the X driver so there's a bit more work to do but nothing extraordinary.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori