qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ARM CP14 as a QEMU CHR device

From: Schwarz, Konrad
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ARM CP14 as a QEMU CHR device
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:49:52 +0200

Hello,

this is to inform you that I have extended the QEMU ARM emulation to
support coprocessor 14, as implemented in the Embedded ICE version
0b0010.  This coprocessor implements the "debug communications channel",
which is usually used to communicate via a JTAG-based hardware debugger.
One such JTAG debugger is the Abatron BDI2000, which makes this channel
available via a telnet connection, but limits the 32-bit wide
communication channel to 8 bits.  The patch to QEMU exhibits the same
behavior in this respect (it is 8 bits only), but is implements the
usual QEMU CHR device interface, which harmonizes well with the rest of
QEMU.

I will submit the patch as soon as our legal department releases it.

Regards,

Konrad Schwarz