qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw usb-uhci.c

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw usb-uhci.c
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:25:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> I need more time to accept your big patch. I think it would have been better
> to separate the bug fixes, the new USB host drivers and the API changes. I
> would have included the first two without problem, but I need to better
> understand your API changes before commiting them.

Note that it is common to feed the maintainer small patches in Open Source
projects.

Just look at Linux. If you tried to get such a huge patch past a
maintainer, you would utterly fail.

And rightly so. A maintainer is supposed to understand exactly what the
changes are about.

Further, if you split the patch into nice little pieces, not only are you
and everyone else more aware of what exactly you did, but it is way easier
to spot errors or mistakes.

Hth,
Dscho