qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 21:52:21 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Sven K?hler wrote:

So using 7113 would mean, that the PIIX4 stuff gets mixed with PIIX3
stuff. I don't know, how odd that might seem to some OS.

It's irrelevant to any OS that i know of.

;-)

Beside that, a PIIX3-ACPI-device doesn't seem to exist in the
pciid-database.

Huh?

# cat /usr/share/misc/pci.ids|grep -i PIIX3
       7000  82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
       7010  82371SB PIIX3 IDE [Natoma/Triton II]
       7020  82371SB PIIX3 USB [Natoma/Triton II]
# cat /usr/share/misc/pci.ids|grep -i PIIX4
       7110  82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA
       7111  82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE
       7112  82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB
       7113  82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI

See? No PIIX3 ACPI device. That's all i tried to say.

Ok.

More to the point, no machines i have in my vicinity has a PCI device
dedicated to the ACPI. QEMU(old chipsets?) needed it to simplify
delivery of SCI (which must support sharing and be level sensetive)
having PCI device simplifies this somewhat (even though i believe QEMU
does it wrong currently)

There is zero functionality in 7113 or whatnot, it is/was simply a
convenience feature.

--
mailto:address@hidden