qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 segfaults when running wine on a x86 CPU?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 segfaults when running wine on a x86 CPU?
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:21:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, James Supancic wrote:

> But, I am using a version of wine on Linux compiled for Linux? wine is a
> Linux program is it not?

Well, partly so. It actually does quite a lot of fiddling to fake a
Windows memory layout for one. I remember that there were some problems
with stack protectors and other permission restricting Linux setups. It
should be possible to support that startup routine, though.

Just out of interest: Are you running with or without kqemu?

Ciao,
Dscho