qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Why do qemumenu.bat show such error mess age?

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Why do qemumenu.bat show such error mess age?
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:22:15 +0200

赵刚 wrote:
> When I had installed qemu(Host OS: win98),I execute qemumenu.bat.
> Unfortunately,qemumenu.bat shows lots of error messages,as follows:
> >Bad command or file name
> >Bad command or file name
> >Invalid directory
> >Syntax error
> >Syntax error
> >Bad command or file name
> >Syntax error
> >QEMU_BIOS_DIR=
> >Bad command or file name
> >=== QEMU Menu ^(v20041121^) ===
> > QEMU Menu (C) 2004 Garth Dahlstrom (address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>)
> > QEMU (C) 2004 Fabrice Bellard
> >
> >QEMU Settings:
> > Memory ^(^MB^) BIOS DIR ^(^)
> > ISO/CD ^(^)
> > Network ^(^)
> >
> >Boot QEMU using image:
> >Bad command or file name
> >Syntax error
> >Bad command or file name
> >Syntax error
> > No image files found^^!^^!
> > (you must [C]reate an image to use QEMU) && echo.
> >
> >Settings/Toggles:
> > ^[C^]reate image file ^[M^]emory ^[I^]SO/CD ^[N^]etwork ^[Q^]uit
> >

> >Starting !QEMU_IMG! ...
> >

> >^[ ^] qemu.exe -L "" -m -hda "!QEMU_IMG!" -enable-audio -localtime
> >Bad command or file name
> >Syntax error
> >Press any key to continue . . .
> Could you explain the reasons about these error messages ?
> Best regards
> mathew

Well, have a look at the .bat-file with a normal editor. It's not like
you'll need to understand rocket science to debug a batch file. I
suspect that this batch file is passing outdated command line options to
qemu, as there were some changes from 0.7.x to 0.8.x (e.g. networking)
with a look at qemu manual you should be able to fix the batch file (I
suppose it's using the old options). After fixing it it would be nice,
to post it to this list and the original author.

Have a nice weekend,
Jan