qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Compile errors on Solaris for qemu 0.8.2

From: Jonathan Kalbfeld
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Compile errors on Solaris for qemu 0.8.2
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:02:21 -0700

I went ahead and made Leo's change and it built.  Also, I bit the
bullet and used the blastwave compiler.  However, I still get
segfaults trying to run sparc-test on qemu-system-sparc from my
sparc/solaris box.  Is this a known issue?  Also happens with mips.

On 7/24/06, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
>I ran into this myself yesterday.  I couldn't figure out a definitive
>answer, because I am no expert on the SPARC architecture, but it appears
>that at least on an UltraSparc IIi machine from a few years ago, the
>"sparc V9" instructions are supported.  However, the gcc by default
>doesn't define __sparc_v9__ on that architecture.  There are some -m
>flags that can be passed to gcc (like multisparc, etc.), but I'm not
>sure for what host machines they are appropriate exactly.  Perhaps the
>SPARC experts on the list can comment more, but in the meantime, the
>following simple (but likely incorrect) patch worked fine for me:

Well, at least my gcc defines __sparc_v9__ if cpu is either v9, ultrasparc
or ultrasparc3:
%{mcpu=v9:-D__sparc_v9__} %{mcpu=ultrasparc:-D__sparc_v9__}
%{mcpu=ultrasparc3:-D__sparc_v9__}

This is from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-linux/3.3.5/specs. What does your
compiler define, as you still can compile the RDTICK instruction in the
#ifdef section? RDTICK is not available on V8 (Sparc32) architecture, only
on V9.

Jonathan Kalbfeld
+1 323 620 6682