qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Block device for arm system emulation

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Block device for arm system emulation
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:56:12 -0000

Hi,

I'd like to use the qemu arm system emulator to build software for an
arm platform.

One of the obstacles I'm facing is the lack of a block device driver
for arm.  I have been able to run qemu with a root partition on the
host machine mounted via nfs.  However, I'm finding this to be
extremely slow.  (The tun/tap interface is much faster than user net
emulation, but it still seems very sluggish.)

Does anyone have a block device driver for arm?  Anyone working on it?

Left to my own devices, I guess I could try writing an m-systems flash
emulator and mount the root via mtd.  However, I have no experience
with the qemu internals.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Kevin