qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] DSC timeouts using all of -hda -hdb -hdc -cdrom

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] DSC timeouts using all of -hda -hdb -hdc -cdrom
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:02:08 +0200

On 8/19/06, J M Cerqueira Esteves <address@hidden> wrote:
So the "culprit" of the cdrom timeouts seems to be -hdd ...
but why?

I saw the same things few weeks ago. Since then, I do
not use hdd anymore (my qemu host is winXP).

I remember it was better on real hardware to have the cdrom
either alone on one IDE interface, or at most slave on the
IDE interface if shared with a hard disk. In this case, hdc
is the master.

I believe qemu is really a very good hardware emulator...

Indeed we can see the implication of having hdd and hdc
active at the same time. :)

--
Christian