qemu-devel

Re:[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Cosimulation

From: nicolas\.sauzede
Subject: Re:[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Cosimulation
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:19:02 +0200

[sorry if I re-post, because I never received the initial one]

Hi Alessandro,

Ah OK, I see, your project seems to be way more ambitious than
mine :-)
So my project may not help you as much as you could expect..
Maybe only the sysc/tcpip glue mechanism..

Anyway, attached is a tarball of my project, containing a
patch against qemu-snapshot-2006-07-23_23 (I can provide it if
it fails to patch against more recent versions) plus the
directory related to sysc.

See sysc/README for more info..

Will be interested by your return.. and also by your PCI/sysc
experiments also..
tell me if you manage to compile/run it (watch out the sysc
signal trace log which is generated)

Can send me something from your project, just by curiosity ? :-)
I would be particularly interested by other sysc/qemu glue
mechanism, and also to see if you managed to generate
interrupts from sysc, and handled within qemu guest OS...

Good luck for your project,

NS.

ps: oops, I was not supposed to send my professional signature
in the mail I sent you (fwd to the ML), well nevermind, I'll
use another mail identity from now on.. :-)
pps: I also fwd it to the ML, in order for other interested
people to have a look at it if anyone is interested..

> Hi Nicolas,
> Thank you for reply! The "only" trouble is that I need to
descrive it as a
> pci device. Taking the parallel port as an example is  very
usefull for
> simple  hardware  as you  made.  But I need some info for
write my device
> into qemu, in particular the init function for pci device as
the ne2000 (In
> init function of network card it set pci_conf, should I need
to set up? And
> what arguments should I put in pci_register_io_region
function?).
> My emulated device for the moment need to run in i386
architeture so I have
> not to be completeness about cpu target etc...
> Anyway I appreciate if you can send me your written device
so I can see if
> it can help me!
>
> Thanks
>
> Ale
>
> 2006/8/22, Nicolas SAUZEDE-NONST <address@hidden>:
> >
> > Hi Alessandro,
> >
> > Concerning your cosimulation problem, I may help a little bit,
> > because when you first posted on the qemu dev list about
your sysc
> > project,
> > it motivated me to first learn about systemc (which I
didn't know) and to
> > start hacking qemu to connect them together.
> >
> > Well I must admit I'm pretty satisfied of the results,
> > I managed to build some small sysc dumb devices (gates,
counters,
> > ram/buffers, fpu etc..)
> > (with a FIR filter in mind indeed), defined some sort of
sysc written
> > "interface" that offers a bus+signals to sysc, while
connecting to qemu
> > via a socket.
> > Within qemu, I created a parallel-like device (as you said
on the ml
> > recently) and so I can probe my device from within guest
OS (dos, linux,
> > etc..)
> > the device is called remote.c (like a "remote"
parallel-like device)

> > If you want I can send you some rough version of my
project to see how
> > (ugly) I did
> > and maybe we can share our experiences...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > NS.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > NS.
> > Nicolas SAUZEDE -- Subco
> > ST Microelectronics Grenoble
> > 12, rue Jules Horowitz, BP 217
> > 38019 Grenoble Cedex
> > STB Tel : 041 5142
> > EXT Tel : 0476585142

Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !