qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Patch

From: Jim Peterson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Patch
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:49:45 -0400

  I'm not quite sure where to send this.  I've added a slight modification to
qemu-0.8.2 that allows the user to specify the desired date and time to which
to set the real time clock at startup.  The patch is attached.  The date is
parsed using the getdate(3) function, so the DATEMSK environment variable
must point to an appropriate file containing the formats to check for.

  My need for this comes about as a side effect from the fact that, for some
reason, the "-loadvm" command locks up with an XP image on an Opteron 248
host.  (but it does not seem to lock up on an Pentium 4 host)

--Jim