qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] No response from qemu

From: Ely Soto
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] No response from qemu
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:16:08 -0400

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to QEMU.

I'm in the process of beginning to attempt to create a guest VxWorks installation.

So far the idea is that I'll have to customize a BSP (Board Support Package) to match the emulated PPC hardware.

At this point I've just gotten qemu to build using MingGW and Eclipse and have been delving into the source. Took me a while to figure out how to set it up.

Has anyone ever attempted anything like this?

It seems to me that I'm going to have to replace the bios file with my custom vxWorks Image. My first attempt without debug capability had Qemu stating that I was executing Zeros.

Otherwise I'd have to create a bootable .img file with my vxworks install inside it and have the BIOS bootstrap it. Can't quite figure out how to create that sort of image yet.

Anyway. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Ely Soto

Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is proprietary, privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader is not the intended recipient or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. This communication may also contain data subject to
U.S. export laws. If so, that data subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulation cannot be disseminated, distributed or
copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, absent
the express prior approval of the U.S. Department of State. If
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the e-mail message and any
physical copies made of the communication. Thank you.