qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc uses all host cpu whiletargetsystem i

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc uses all host cpu whiletargetsystem is idle
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:25:47 +0200

Please find below a patch that "works". It is probably wrong as I wrote it
by copying code from other architectures and trying until it works. Well
I am however convinced of two things:
 - "return EXCP_HALTED;" causes the crash. By removing this line qemu
   doesn't crash anymore, but the patch does not work as expected
   (freeze of the target).
 - The interrupt should be cleared, if not the target freeze.

Now the host CPU is not used at 100% when the Sparc target is idle. I am
using it for about one our with a Debian unstable, and I am writing this
mail from this emulated system.

Great work! I can also confirm that it works and CPU is halted correctly.

Please apply.

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/