qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-0.8.2 on glibc 2.2.5: CLOCK_MONOTONIC not defined

From: Martin Bochnig
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-0.8.2 on glibc 2.2.5: CLOCK_MONOTONIC not defined
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:00:55 +0200

Wolfgang Schildbach wrote:

>I stumbled upon the same problem as Bill Rossi (see his post below):
>
>The current cvs version of qemu fails to compile on my machine because
>CLOCK_MONOTONIC is not defined in my glibc. According to clock_gettime(3),
>systems that define this functionality have _POSIX_MONOTONIC_CLOCK and
>_POSIX_TIMERS set. Updating the ifdef (see patch below) to include these
>makes the offending code go away on my CLOCK_MONOTONIC-less system
>(gcc3.3), but continues to include it on a newer system with a later
>libgcc. Not sure if the __linux__ in there is still necessary, but I left

The same happens on Solaris(11, but probably all versions).
(Note:  Solaris uses its own libc not glibc.)

A complete merge of opensolaris.org's current QEMU patch
   http://opensolaris.org/os/project/qemu/downloads/
from 0.8.2 to cvs may follow some time next week.
Two other things needed to be changed for cvs.current to build on
Solaris/SunOS5.x.

Martin Bochnig
at nowhere