qemu-devel

Re:[Qemu-devel] Interrupt request info

From: Roger Lathrop
Subject: Re:[Qemu-devel] Interrupt request info
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:25:42 -0500

Alessandro,

All you should need to do to raise an IRQ in your code is:
pic_set_irq(s->irq,1);

When the irq is serviced (in one of your ioport traps, I would assume), knock the irq down:
pic_set_irq(s->irq,0);

For debugging, you might want to go into i8259.c and uncomment the #define DEBUG_IRQ_COUNT line. You can then use command 'info irq' in the monitor console. This will show you a count of interrupts for each IRQ.

Regards,
Roger

For example, I wrote a module of a simple memory without implementing IRQ...
I think it is  an error but it works fine... are IRQ raise in any case???
I look at other code source of implemented hw but for each device there is a
differeny way to raise an interrupt (i see).
Is there a standard way to do this?
The following is an excerpt of my simple memory, please can you describe me
fastly how can I manage this?

Thank you