qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Combined MIPS fixes

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Combined MIPS fixes
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:05:46 -0500

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:52:22AM -0600, Neo Jia wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks. I have tried the R4K images from debian but failed. Could you send
> me the command line you used to install debian on qemu?

[Replying to the list in case this is helpful for others.]

./obj/mips-softmmu/qemu-system-mips \
  -kernel /space/linux/qemu/mips-obj/arch/mips/boot/vmlinux.bin \
  -nographic -initrd nightly-initrd.gz \
  -append "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/ram" -hda new-image.img

You will need:
 - the patch that Aurelien posted recently to set rd_start/rd_size
 - My collected fixes
 - A usable kernel .config, the attached may help

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery