qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging with paging enabled

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging with paging enabled
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:15:14 +0100

Marcel Kilgus wrote:
/me wrote:

Having to always set them both in the high and low area is a bit
cumbersome to say the least. Any suggestion on what I'm missing or can
do to get breakpoints working properly again?

Okay, the QEMU source code was a lot more readable than I expected it
to be, so I had a look myself. For the record, my solution to my
problem is thus:

/tmptmp/qemu-0.8.2/target-i386 $ diff translate.bak translate.c
6425c6425
<                 if (env->breakpoints[j] == pc_ptr) {
---

               if (env->breakpoints[j] == pc_ptr - dc->cs_base) {

Now everything works as expected. Don't know if this breaks any other
scenarios, though.

Hi,

The breakpoints are set for a given virtual address. So IMHO testing only the EIP value instead of EIP + CS.base is not logical...

Regards,

Fabrice.