qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] User-mode proxy support

From: Ricardo Almeida
Subject: [Qemu-devel] User-mode proxy support
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:46:29 +0000

Hello,

I'm using QEmu with user mode network. The host machine can't access
the Internet directly, only through a proxy server.
Since I'm using user mode network there's no way I can connect to the
proxy from inside the guest machine (is there?).
What I'm suggesting is building a proxy server (just as there is a DNS
and a SMB server) that in reality is just a package forwarder to the
real proxy server... I don't know if this easy to do, but it's what I
would like :)

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida