qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] OHCI for i386

From: Ed Swierk
Subject: [Qemu-devel] OHCI for i386
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:01:19 -0800

After spending some time trying to figure out why the emulated UHCI
USB controller is so slow, I switched uhci_usb_init() in hw/pc.c to
ohci_usb_init(). To my delight, Linux booted up and detected the
controller on the first try, and accessing an emulated block device is
2 to 3 times faster.

It seems that UHCI is used only on i386, while the other architectures
use OHCI. Would switching i386 to OHCI cause problems for other guest
OSes?

--Ed